Episode 85 – Coffee N.5 – How Purpose-driven Beauty is Powering the Industry with Jennifer Norman
Today in Coffee N. 5, we had a fantastic conversation with Jennifer Norman on marketing in terms of the beauty industry. Jennifer has had almost 25 years of experience in the beauty industry. She speaks about the evolution of women’s beauty in Hollywood (which trickles down to women in other places). From tall thin supermodels to the body positivity movement of today, things have changed a lot in recent years. Influencers and the rise in social media have spearheaded this change, and now big companies are starting to follow.
Jennifer felt the need to start her brand after realizing it’s hard to change big companies from within. She took matters into her own hands and founded The Human Beauty Movement in 2019. She wants people to feel like they’re getting “Zen in a bottle” when they buy her products. Her company uses ethically-sourced ingredients and is a certified B Corp. She starts every decision from a place of love, not a place of financial gain.
Jennifer speaks about how and why she started her own business, the importance of having solid ideals and principles behind your business, self-confidence, and tips for new entrepreneurs. She also talks about her challenges of being ready to launch just as the pandemic hit and how she navigated this issue.
What you’ll learn:
- The evolution of beauty standards and ideals
- How the digital age gave rise to the body positivity movement
- Indie beauty brands and their strengths
- Jennifer’s experience and challenges starting her brand and why she did it
- Jennifer’s experience marketing CBD and how she got started
- How Jennifer ensures her products are all ethically made
- The importance of a positive attitude and confidence in yourself in business
- Being your own person in business
- Mistakes as opportunities to learn
Go back to homepage