Writing is one of those things that you either love or absolutely hate. Today’s guest is a lover of writing! Marisa Donnelly is a writer, editor, teacher/tutor, and founder of Be A Light Collective, a virtual and San Diego based writing/editing services company with a mission of reshaping what traditional education looks like through a relationship-based learning lens. For Marisa, writing is as essential as breathing, which is why she’s here to tell us all about her tricks and tips when putting down pen to paper!
- Ever since Marisa was a little girl, she always enjoyed writing and that’s what inspired her to pursue a career in writing, and then create her own business.
- Having writer’s block every once in a while is totally normal, and Marisa gives her best advice on how to overcome it.
- How to find your voice in writing, by leaning into who you are as an individual and letting your words flow naturally.
- Why research is one of the most important steps in writing an accurate blog, even though it’s probably the least fun part of the process.
- Not letting your voice get lost by tweaking the content too much based on the opinions of others (although it’s OK to ask a family member or a real friend what they think).
- Avoiding grammatical errors in the fast-paced blog industry, where fewer and fewer people revise what they write and tons of typos/mistakes in grammar are found!
- The keys to create effective sales copy: being authentic and having great storytelling skills.
To learn more about Marisa Donnelly, you can check out her website and follow her on Instagram.
Lara Schmoisman, CEO & Founder of The Darl and Marketing Simplificado