Behind the Recurring: Getting and Keeping a Job in Marketing and Advertising with Mindy Worel from Inside Job Agency
Episode 46 – Coffee Nº 5 – Getting a Job in Marketing
Finding your dream job in today’s world is not easy. And it’s not easy to get people to stay in your company either. In today’s episode, we have Mindy Worel, from Inside Job Agency, a career coach and recruiter specialized in marketing and advertising. She has worked with Disney, Starz, Saatchi & Saatchi, among others. We talk about getting and keeping a job in marketing and advertising, what thing you should have in mind when you are looking for a work position and what can you do, as a company or employer, to have people wanting to work and grow with you.
- As a career coach, Mindy knows that people don’t fit in boxes, especially in advertising and marketing. Yes, you need to find the right people for the job, but also you need to help the people that you have to find the way to achieve their goals.
- Let’s talk about work culture. The unhappiness of workers is related to the work culture. Are they feeling valued? Do they have the tools they need, the time? For Mindy, employers must develop their work culture, and be clear about how they do things, and employees should think about if that culture, the system they have in place, matches their personal needs.
- Mindy talks about promotion and a salary increase. What are you really after? It’s important that employers and employees know about growth opportunities in the company, and how to support and train new leaders. This will establish lasting relationships and loyalty.
- How to be a team member? If you are thinking about starting a new job, or you’re already working, Mindy recommends that you figure out what you want, what is your goal, and what do you need to keep you satisfied and keep moving in the company. This has to be an open conversation and can change through the years.
- Finding a new job. The perfect resume is the honest one, you can be aspirational, but that doesn’t mean that you lie about your experience. There are many careers related to Advertising and Marketing, so Mindy shares a few tips to help you figure out the right one for you.
Download our free guide to Clubhouse, and learn everything you need to know about this social network.